Starlight is a training program for preschoolers to introduce them to performance through drama, songs and dance .
✰ Develop confident triple threat performers
✰ Develop musicality in singing
✰ Develop skills in acting through songs
✰ Develop dance foundation and technique
✰ Develop knowledge of musicals, scenes, situations and characters
✰ Develop appropriate repertoire for performances
✰ Present performances on stage
There are two components in this program:
In Musicianship, Creativity and Performance Development, the students will develop performance repertoire and develop skills in:
- Musicianship and Singing: Build the right foundation in vocal production and aural skills. The objective is to sing in pitch, produce good tonal quality, and sustain proper breath control.
- Creativity: Students learned to role play and use their imagination to create characters and stories. Understanding the meanings of the songs sung develops empathy and vocabulary.
- Performance Development: In this segment, exercises are conducted to build confidence and personality. Putting together movement and singing; emoting through facial expressions, and learning stagecraft is the beginning of a triple threat performer and the essence of this program.
In Dance Development, the program is broken down into:
- Technique: the students will learn creative and jazz movements as a foundation for dance. Motor skills and dance vocabulary are developed here in a fun way. Students choosing to further their technique to achieve grading certification should attend the Certification track.
- Choreography: This segment puts the dance moves into practice with the songs they are singing. Learning to work in a team, synchronization and spatial awareness are the key learning points in this segment.
Students who completed a year of training (2 semesters) will obtain a Certificate of Completion from Académie of Stars.
In addition, students can also obtain the following International Certification:
✰ TRINITY Young Performers Certificate
✰ CSTD Pre-Ballet / Pre-Jazz
Students opting for International Certification will be required to take up extra preparation classes, group or solo.
✰ Training Period: January - May
✰ Stage Performance: May
✰ Training Period: July - November
✰ Stage Performance: November